Unseen is looking for an Onsite Staff & Volunteer Manager to join the team.
Unseen is a globally renowned international photography platform based in Amsterdam. Pushing the boundaries of a traditional photography fair, Unseen is dedicated to presenting both emerging talent and innovative, unreleased work by established artists, highlighting the most recent developments in the medium.
Unseen Amsterdam takes place once a year combining several events, including the Fair, Book Market, and Living Room (our speakers’ program), all of which offer innovative and original approaches to photography. Welcoming galleries from across the globe, Unseen connects and inspires artists, curators, collectors and photography enthusiasts. We are looking for a freelancer who is enthusiastic about becoming an integral part of one of Amsterdam’s most exciting cultural organisations!
As Onsite Staff & Volunteer Manager, you will be working closely with Unseen’s Special Projects Manager, seeking out onsite staff and volunteers in preparation for Unseen’s various projects. During Unseen Amsterdam in September, you will be managing and coordinating this team to make the projects and events run as smoothly as possible.
We are looking for someone who
- Has experience in strategy & targeting staff for cultural projects
- Has experience in managing a team
- Takes initiative and can work independently as well as in a team
- Has excellent communication and writing skills in both Dutch and English
- Has excellent time management and an attentive workflow
- Has a proactive attitude and good team spirit
- Has a strong interest in the arts and especially photography
- Has experience in event administration
Unseen is looking for a freelancer to join the young and ambitious team from mid-June or July until the end of October 2017. The role is 1 to 2 days per week, full time in September, and 2 days per week in October.
Deadline for submissions is May 15th. Please send your CV and motivation letter to Mirjam ten Have, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about the internship via the email address provided or call +31 (0)6 46 10 98 68.